Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The First Few Months

As most teachers know there are always things that happen in the classroom that can make our day. I started this blog to share my stories from my classroom. We have been in school for a couple months now and there have been quite a few things that have happened in my Kindergarten classroom so I will share a few of my favorites to start.
During library one day the librarian was reading the story If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. The book starts out by saying “If you give a mouse a cookie, he will probably ask for a glass of milk.” One of the students commented “Just like you leave for Santa!” The librarian replied “Yes, just like you leave for Santa.”  Another student replied or beer! The librarian questioned “beer?” The student said “Yup, we leave a beer in the fridge and peanuts for Santa!” We both had a pretty good laugh about that and the student didn’t think twice about it.
Another thing that has happened just this week is we were working on our word chart for the letter of the week. Our letter this week is “Cc” and I was trying to get the students to think of the word crazy. I started explaining by saying “If something is just really ridiculous and there is a lot going on around you what would you say that is?” One student shouted our RIDONCULOUS!
The same student really likes to sing. One day when we were going over the seasons of the year we had already listed summer, winter, and fall. Another student listed the last season, spring, and the student started opera like singing Ssssprrrrriiiinnng! The student is usually pretty quiet so it was very unexpected and I just couldn’t help but laugh out loud.
I will try and remember to update as much as possible and hope everyone enjoys!

No comments:

Post a Comment